Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I want to thank Sue for sending this recipe idea along. I don't have much time to spend surfing around the internet looking for fun new ways to get creative with ingredients and leftovers, so I'm super grateful that she sent this to me. It was instantly one of those "I must make this soon" recipes...and definitely a new family favorite!
- 6 submarine rolls or 6 bolillo rolls
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce with meat
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream or 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, if you prefer
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice off the tops of the sub rolls. Then scoop out the bread from the inside. Spoon some spagheti sauce into the rolls.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream (or ricotta), egg white, spices, salt and 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Spoon over the spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese over the top. Add the bread top back on. Place into a foil pouch and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Prepare small, simple side salad.
- Serve Lasagna Buns with side salad.