1/2 Photos of Lasagna Bowl
This faux-lasagna meal is an easy dinner that looks very attractive if served as suggested in the directions. Leave out meat (substitute mushrooms) for a vegetarian pasta meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups dry fusilli
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce (your favourite from a jar, or homemade)
- 1 1/2 cups cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions, just until al dente; drain well and set aside.
- 2Meanwhile, while pasta is cooking, melt butter in large skillet over medium heat, add oil, then saute onion, stirring often, until onion is soft.
- 3Increase heat to high and add ground beef.
- 4Brown the beef, stirring frequently (this will take about 5 minutes).
- 5Stir in sauce and cook until sauce is heated through; remove from heat.
- 6In a large glass mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, parmesan, minced garlic, basil and pepper to taste.
- 7Microwave this mixture on High for 2 minutes or until it's very hot; let stand for 2 minutes.
- 8Place cooked pasta in a prewarmed shallow serving bowl; top with meat sauce, but leave a border of pasta visible around the edges.
- 9Top the meat sauce with the cheese mixture, again leaving a border of sauce visible.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Bowl
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 311.9
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.7 mg
- Sodium 800.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 8.4 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: