1/1 Photo of Lasagna Bolognese
1 hr 10 mins
A rich, creamy lasagna that has different flavors than the usual. Extraordinarily easy to make also!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 (5 ounce) can mushroom pieces, drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 6 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 1/2 ounces parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 1 lb whole milk mozzarella, shredded
- 1adjust oven rack to middle position and heat to 375 degrees.
- 3heat oil in large Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering but not smoking, about 2 minutes.
- 4add onion and cook until softened, not browned. about 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant. about 2 minutes.
- 5Increase heat to medium-high and add meat and1/2 tps each of salt and pepper. Cook: breaking the meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until the meat looses it's raw color but is not brown. About 4 minutes.
- 6add cream and simmer until liquid evaporates. About 4 minutes.
- 7Add puréed and drained diced tomatoes and bring to a simmer; reduce heat to low and simmer slowly until blended, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 9Mix Ricotta, 1 cup Parmesan, basil, egg, 1/2 tps each salt and pepper with a fork until well combined.
- 10smear the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish with 1/4 - 1/3 cup sauce. (being careful to not get large chunks of meat) Add mushrooms to remaining sauce.
- 11place 3 noodles in dish to create the first layer. Drop 3 TBS of ricotta mixture on each noodle and level.
- 12Sprinkle the layer evenly with 1 cup of shredded Mozzarella. Spoon 1 1/2 cups sauce evenly over the cheese.
- 13Repeat the layering of noodles, ricotta, cheese and sauce 2 more times.
- 14Place the last 3 noodles on top, spread the remaining sauce evenly, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup mozzarella and then 1/4 cup parmesan.
- 15Lightly spray a sheet of foil with non-stick cooking spray and cover lasagna.
- 16Bake 15 minutes then remove the foil.
- 17Bake until cheese is browned and sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes longer.
- 18Remove, cool on rack for about 10 minutes; cut and serve.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna Bolognese
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 357.0
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.2 g
- Cholesterol 96.8 mg
- Sodium 843.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 24.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
no-boil lasagna noodles