Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this vegetarian recipe from Indianapolis Woman magazine. It's originally from The Enchanted Broccoli Forest cookbook by Mollie Katzen. I get rave reviews from everyone -- including non-veggies!!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9x13 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add the noodles and cook them for 4 to 5 minutes. They will be undercooked. Drain the noodles and lay them flat on a counter or tray.
- Thoroughly drain defrosted spinach and squeeze out all extra water.
- Place the ricotta in a large bowl. Stir in spinach, pesto, garlic, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup Parmesan and pine nuts. Mix well.
- To prepare the dish, place a layer of noodles on the bottom of the pan. Spread about 1/3 of the filling over the noodles. Sprinkle with 1/3 of the mozzarella cheese. Follow with another layer of noodles, 1/3 filling and 1/3 cheese. Repeat once more with another layer of noodes, 1/3 filling and 1/3 cheese. Top with final layer of noodles and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 50 minutes. If the top browns too quickly, cover with foil.