Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
My family and friends love this dish. I always make it when company comes over. This dish is very rich tasting and sooo good.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (45 ounce) jarragu spaghetti sauce
- 1 (1 lb) box lasagna noodle
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 2 lbs mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Brown ground meat in large skillet.
- Add the spaghetti sauce to the meat mixture.
- In a small skillet, sautee' chopped onion and mushrooms together.
- Add to meat mixture.
- Add basil,oregano and minced garlic to the meat mixture.
- Over low heat, melt cream cheese with milk until smooth.
- Cook lasagna noodles in boiling water until al dente.
- Spead a layer of half ther beef mixture in bottom of a large baking pan.
- Next layer lasagna noodles.
- Then layer with half the mozzarella cheese.
- Next layer with the cream cheese mixture.
- Layer next with lasagna noodles.
- Next layer with the remaining mozzerella cheese.
- Last layer add the remaining meat mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with grated parmesean cheese over top.
I made this last night. Even my kids loved it! My daughter is fussy and she even ate it up! My bf thought it was the best lasagna I have ever made. It will definatly be replacing my old recipe
I LOVED the taste and texture the cream cheese added to the lasagna! I will never go back to ricotta cheese ever again! I skipped the mushrooms because we aren't big mushroom fans, and added a little additional onion. The ending result was great! I'll be adding this to the "make again" category for sure!
i really liked the cream cheese in this form of lasagna. My husband seems to think that it needs another layer of noodles on the top but i thought the recipe was wonderful as is.