Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 25 mins
This is my family’s favorite recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 (16 ounce) can Italian-style tomato sauce
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- fresh mushrooms
- 1 box lasagna noodle
- 1 (8 ounce) package cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Brown ground beef and chopped onion.
- Add next 5 ingredients.
- Cook 30-45 minutes.
- Last 15 minutes start sautéing mushrooms in butter.
- Boil lasagna noodles.
- Mix cream cheese with milk and egg.
- Add all other cheeses.
- Layer noodles, sauce, mushrooms and cheese until all is used.
- Bake at 375º for 40 minutes.
This is a really great recipe!
This is really good. It's very similar to our family recipe. It's great without the cottage or ricotta. We call it "Southern Lasagna" ;-)