Top Review by pat_dougcarter
This recipe is great , the meat sauce outstanding, but we would have preferred white sauce as the cheeses were just to strong, and over powered the meat. Next time we will do white sauce. Thank you very much.
- 29.58 ml oil
- 226.79 g mushroom
- 2 slice bacon, chopped
- 118.29 ml water
- 2 clove garlic, crushed
- 9.85 ml salt
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 680.38 g lean ground beef
- 226.79 g mozzarella cheese
- 226.79 g salami, Chopped
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 2.46 ml sweet basil
- 118.29 ml parmesan cheese, Grated
- 14.79 ml parsley, Chopped
- 226.79 g lasagna noodle, Cooked
- 2 (311.84 g) can tomato paste
- 226.79 g cottage cheese
- 473.18 ml canned tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute bacon, crushed garlic, and onion in hot oil for 5 min.
- Remove the garlic.
- Add ground beef, salami, basil, and parsley.
- Brown well.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, mushrooms, and water.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 hour or until very thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a 12x9 inch casserole or lasagna dish.
- Grate mozzarella.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour a layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of dish.
- Cover with a layer of noodles and a layer of the cheese /egg mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Repeat, ending with sauce and a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Note: The flavor improves when lasagna is prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until time for baking.