- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 onion, Chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 lb salami, Chopped
- 2 eggs, Beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley, Chopped
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, Cooked
- 2 (5 1/2 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- 2 cups canned tomatoes
- Saute bacon, crushed garlic, and onion in hot oil for 5 min.
- Remove the garlic.
- Add ground beef, salami, basil, and parsley.
- Brown well.
- Add tomato paste, tomatoes, mushrooms, and water.
- Simmer uncovered for 1 hour or until very thick.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Butter a 12x9 inch casserole or lasagna dish.
- Grate mozzarella.
- Combine cottage cheese, egg and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour a layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of dish.
- Cover with a layer of noodles and a layer of the cheese /egg mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Repeat, ending with sauce and a layer of mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 min.
- Note: The flavor improves when lasagna is prepared a day in advance and refrigerated until time for baking.
This recipe is great , the meat sauce outstanding, but we would have preferred white sauce as the cheeses were just to strong, and over powered the meat. Next time we will do white sauce. Thank you very much.
Our wonderful Pastor and his daughter were at home roughing it while our Pastors wife was in the hospital after a major surgery. Each family signed up for a day that we would take a meal to the Pastors home. I chose this meal as my selection. It was without exception loved by all. In fact, I have passed this website on to all of my friends. Thank you for such an outstanding job on this recipe and the many others that people take the time to send in. They are truly apprecitaed all over the world. Trish from North Dakota
I made this for my parents 25th anniversary party and it was a huge hit.