Recipe by cuisinebymae
I like this because the noodles don't have to be boiled first. Wonderful flavour. This is a Catelli recipe. Freezes well.
Top Review by brooke_jolly
This is my "New Baby" recipe I use. All of my friends get a big tin pan of this recipe to feed the family for a good week when a new baby arrives. I've made it at least 6 times and everybody LOVES it. Only subs for me are using fresh mushrooms and a jar of Trader Joe's Tomato Basil Marinara and a small can of diced tomatoes instead of the canned tomato sauce. FANTASTIC!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 (14 ounce) canscatelli tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 1⁄8 cups cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (227 g) package mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 package catelli lasagna noodle, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add ground beef and brown it.
- Drain off any fat.
- Stir in the tomato sauce, the mushrooms and their liquid, the water, and oregano.
- Bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir together cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, well drained spinach, egg, oil, and salt.
- Spoon 1/3 of the sauce into a 9"X13" baking dish.
- Cover with 1/3 of lasagne noodles.
- Spread with another 1/3 of sauce.
- Cover with another 1/3 of lasagne noodles.
- Spread spinach mixture on this.
- Cover it with remaining lasagne noodles and sauce.
- Top with grated mozzerella cheese.
- Cover lasagne with foil.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake until cheese starts to brown, about 15 minutes.