Prep 40 mins
Cook 35 mins
I got this recipe from one of my fathers cook books along time ago.I have altered it a bit.My kids and husband love this, and it is not to hard to make.just takes a little time.It goes great with Garlic bread and a salad.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomatoes
- 12 ounces italian tomato paste
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups ricotta cheese
- fresh parsley, chopped fine
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- boil noodles in salt water.
- brown meat and drain well.
- in a large bowl put the ricotta,eggs,parmesan,1/2 the parsley and mix then put in the fridge to keep cool.
- add all the other ingredients in a pan with the meat.
- simmer for about 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- drain noodles.
- in a baking dish layer.
- first layer noodles.
- second layer meat mixture.
- then another layer of noodles.
- then a cheese layer.
- and continue then the last layer is a noodle layer.
- then top with the mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with the remaining parsley.
- bake at 350 for about 30 minutes covered with foil.
- uncover and brown for about 5 minutes.