Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I found this recipe, but I have cooked it on several occasions. It's simple, and comes out great. Everyone I have cooked it for has loved it!
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle
- 8 ounces sour cream (Moist Cheese)
- 16 ounces cottage cheese (Moist Cheese)
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese (Moist Cheese)
- 18 ounces mozzarella cheese (Dry Cheese)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (Dry Cheese)
- 24 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce (Or whatever you prefer)
- 1 lb ground beef (1lbs Optional)
- 3 -4 links Italian sausage (3-4 links Optional)
- Cook the lasagna noodles, or use the kind that you can just bake.
- Mix the two cheese mixtures separately.
- Put just a coating of the Prego sauce On the bottom of a 9X13 pan. Note: If using meat, add to sauce that is put in the following layers. Bottom layer of sauce in pan needs no meat.
- Spread 3 lasagna noodles in the pan to cover the sauce.
- Spread 1/2 of the moist cheese mixture over the noodles.
- Spread 1/3 of the dry cheese mixture over the moist cheese mix.
- Reapeat steps 3-6.
- For the third layer, place the three noodles, last of sauce and last of dry cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 90 minutes.(Remove cover for last 15 minutes if desired.
- Remove from oven and let sit for about 15 minutes before serving. The longer it sits, the better it sets or holds together.
I just got done making this and took a sneak kind of bite. Wow!!! This was awesome, and so easy to make. The only thing I did different is add canned mushrooms and olives to the wet cheese mixture. This will be put on the favorites. If you want a dish to impress this is one of them. Of course don't forget the garlic bread. Thanks to Chef #929934.