Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Wonderful comfort food. Great served with salad and garlic bread. This can also be made ahead of time and frozen. To freeze, line pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and layer ingredients. Freeze in baking dish and then remove once frozen completely. Wrap in another sheet of foil and keep in freezer until ready to thaw. Place in baking dish and thaw completely, bake as directed.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- In a deep skillet brown ground beef and pork sausage. Drain off fat.
- Add tomatoes (with juice), tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano, and basil.
- Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until mixture is the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together cottage cheese and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Set aside 1 cup of meat sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- In a sprayed 9x13 pan alternate layers of 1/3 each: noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella, and the cottage cheese mixture.
- Spread reserved meat sauce over top.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c.Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- Cut into 3 inch squares.
Made for Spring PAC 2013 and I am so glad I picked this recipe. We had company and this was a total hit. I usually use ricotta in my lasagna but I followed the directions and glad I did. Thank you for posting this recipe and keep on cooking.
Best Lasagna Ever!!!