1 hr 15 mins
Mrs. Sarah's Note:
Wonderful comfort food. Great served with salad and garlic bread. This can also be made ahead of time and frozen. To freeze, line pan with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray and layer ingredients. Freeze in baking dish and then remove once frozen completely. Wrap in another sheet of foil and keep in freezer until ready to thaw. Place in baking dish and thaw completely, bake as directed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 lb bulk pork sausage
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1In a deep skillet brown ground beef and pork sausage. Drain off fat.
- 2Add tomatoes (with juice), tomato paste, garlic salt, oregano, and basil.
- 3Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally.
- 4Reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until mixture is the consistency of spaghetti sauce.
- 5Heat oven to 350°F.
- 6Stir together cottage cheese and 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- 7Set aside 1 cup of meat sauce and 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese.
- 8In a sprayed 9x13 pan alternate layers of 1/3 each: noodles, meat sauce, mozzarella, and the cottage cheese mixture.
- 9Spread reserved meat sauce over top.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 c.Parmesan cheese.
- 11Sprinkle with reserved mozzarella.
- 12Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- 13Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
- 14Cut into 3 inch squares.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.9
- Calories from Fat 277
- Total Fat 30.8 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 117.6 mg
- Sodium 1284.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 10.3 g
- Protein 46.8 g