Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe was developed to feed many. The kids tell me it is restaurant quality. I don't know but I do like it. (So do the kids).
- Brown beef and drain.
- Add sausage and brown.
- Stir in sauce and simmer.
- In a bowl stir in parsley, egg and ricotta cheese. Set aside.
- Cook pasta per direction. Stop a little short of done. It will continue to cook in the oven.
- Put a layer of sauce meat mixture in a 12" x 18" baking dish.
- Put a layer of noodles.
- Put a layer of ricotta cheese mixture. Thin with a little milk if to thick.
- Sauce again.
- Put a layer of mozzarella.
- Repeat with noodles, ricotta, sauce and mozzarella.
- Top last layer of Mozzarella with parmesan.
- Cover with foil tent and place on a cookie sheet. Place in a preheated 375°F oven for 40 minutes.
- Remove cover and cook an additional 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let stand for 15 minutes before serving.