1 hr 50 mins
This feeds a crowd. It is wonderful, my friends and I in MN got this recipe from a Italian cookbook in the library, of course we did not write down the title or the author of the book. We have all made this for many years! It is great with a tossed green salad, garlic bread and a good merlot wine!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb sweet Italian sausage links or 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 2 tablespoons garlic
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt (I never add this much.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sweet basil
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 (20 ounce) can red pear tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (16 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 3/4 lb mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 1 egg
- 1saute: garlic, sugar, and salt.
- 2add: Italian sausage and ground beef and brown.
- 3add: basil, fennel, pepper, tomatoes, paste, and simmer sauce for at least 20- 30 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- 4boil noodles and drain.
- 5Mix together in a bowl: ricotta cheese, egg, and parsley, if thick ad a little milk.
- 6set aside.
- 7Layers: Sauce to cover bottom of pan, 1/2 of the noodles, 1/2 ricotta, sauce, 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, noodles, ricotta, mozzarella, sauce and parmesan.
- 8bake covered for 25 minutes 375 degrees.
- 9bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (359 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 726.9
- Calories from Fat 369
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.8 mg
- Sodium 2389.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 12.3 g
- Protein 43.7 g