Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lasagna with tomatoes, zucchini and squash (Yummy)
- 1 (8 ounce) box lasagna noodles (uncooked kind)
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 2 (10 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) package fresh mushrooms
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 4 cups cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 cups mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 16 ounces ricotta cheese
- Mix the ricotta and 2 cups each of the cheeses in a bowl. Leave remaining shredded cheeses alone to add to layers later. Set aside. Brown ground beef and add spaghetti sauce. Simmer.
- Thinnly slice tomotoes, zucchini, squash and mushrooms.
- Layer the lasagna in pain -- sauce, veggies, cheese, noodles. Repeat for 3 layers with top layer of meat sauce, veggies and cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 60 minutes.
- You can add fresh spinace leaves to the layers as well if you wish.