Recipe by saracrocker
This is the recipe that I try first when I wanted to make lasagna and we loved it!
Top Review by Court2theNey
This was an easy to do recipe, I omitted the sausage b/c I hate sausage, and I added a package of cream cheese (1/3 less fat, not that it really helps in the calorie/fat area) and it was creamy and amazing! The only thing I wish I could change is the sauce; I hate onions and all of the spaghetti sauces come packed with them. :( other than that, this is my go to recipe for lasagna, thanks!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb mild ground sausage
- 1 lb pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese (small curd)
- 16 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger meat and sausage together in a deep pot.
- Drain off all grease and add sauce, heat at medium.
- Boil noodles. When tender, strain off water; remove sauce from heat.
- In large rectangular dish, spread half of meat sauce, add one layer of noodles.
- Spread half cottage cheese and half of mozzarella.
- Add remaining meat sauce and repeat steps.
- Bake at 350 for approx 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 15.