Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is the recipe that I try first when I wanted to make lasagna and we loved it!
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb mild ground sausage
- 1 lb pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces cottage cheese (small curd)
- 16 ounces Prego spaghetti sauce
- 6 lasagna noodles
- Brown hamburger meat and sausage together in a deep pot.
- Drain off all grease and add sauce, heat at medium.
- Boil noodles. When tender, strain off water; remove sauce from heat.
- In large rectangular dish, spread half of meat sauce, add one layer of noodles.
- Spread half cottage cheese and half of mozzarella.
- Add remaining meat sauce and repeat steps.
- Bake at 350 for approx 30-35 minutes.
- Let stand 15.
This was an easy to do recipe, I omitted the sausage b/c I hate sausage, and I added a package of cream cheese (1/3 less fat, not that it really helps in the calorie/fat area) and it was creamy and amazing! The only thing I wish I could change is the sauce; I hate onions and all of the spaghetti sauces come packed with them. :( other than that, this is my go to recipe for lasagna, thanks!
Prepared for Spring PAC 2008 This is extremely easy for lasagna. No special trips to the store. Very good and cheesy! I doubled the recipe and froze the second half. Sweetie said "this is a keeper". I agree! Thanks saracrocker. :)