Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I never make this the same twice. This makes it interesting, my mother in law got me started cooking it and then it has sort of evolved. You really can't go wrong with it, the layers aren't set in stone so mix it up as you wish. I've never made this using a recipe so I hope that this sounds okay. When in doubt follow the directions on the noddle package.
- 12 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 16 ounces chunky spaghetti sauce (I like garden veggie and you probably wont use the whole jar)
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces Baby Spinach (You might need a little more or a little less depending on how you layer it)
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- fresh basil, chopped
- 8 ounces cottage cheese
- Preheat oven according to noodle package.
- Cook meat, onions, and garlic over medium heat until brown, set aside.
- Cook zucchini and squash in olive oil until tender, about 3-5 minutes on medium heat.
- Spray lasagna dish with nonstick oil.
- spread just enough sauce on bottom of pan to coat it.
- Layer 3 noddles according to package (some say overlap some say don't).
- Spread sauce over noodles evenly to coat (about 1/3 sauce).
- Spread 1/3 cottage cheese.
- Spread 1/2 meat.
- Put a layer of spinach leaves over meat.
- spread 1/3 cheese.
- sprinkle 1/3 basil over cheese.
- repeat for second layer only use veggie mix instead of meat.
- repeat for third layer and use rest of meat.
- layer last three noodles coat with sauce.
- and sprinkle with cheese and Basil.
- Bake according to noddle package directions.