Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is from a very good Italian friend of mine who just cannot handle any chilly or garlic. Therefore people who like non spicy food would love it. Just made it yesterday night for hubby and my friend who taught me and her husband. Everyone just loved it cos it was my first time making it without supervision. Reason being i am an occasional cook. So enjoy and please feel free to make adjustments according to your taste.
- 250 g ground beef or 250 g mutton
- 1⁄2 beef stock cube or 1⁄2 vegetable bouillon cube
- 200 g tomato paste
- 1 medium onion, sliced thin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 liter milk
- 100 g all-purpose flour
- lasagna noodle (as per requirement)
- Meat sauce.
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Saute onion till golden brown.
- Add the ground beef / mutton.
- Add the beef/mutton stock cube.
- Keep frying till the meat becomes brown.
- Add the tomato paste.
- Add water so that it does not become too thick.
- Keep cooking for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Once its done check if the meat is in chunks. If too big put it in a grinder for 1/2 a minute.
- White Sauce.
- Melt the butter taking care not to burn.
- Add the flour and mix well .
- Add the milk slowly stirring not to make lumps.
- Add the cinnamon power and salt.
- Keep stirring so that no lumps are formed and till it becomes into a thick gravy ( nor too runny and nor too thick).
- In a baking dish put 2 tbsp of meat sauce and white sauce eat.
- Spread it well so it lines the baking dish. this is so that the lasagna sheet does not burn.
- Line the baking dish with the lasagna sheet.
- Put meat sauce and spread it well than follow with white sauce.
- Repeat the above step.
- Again line with lasagna sheet and finish with the white sauce on top.
- Make sure that you put enough meat sauce and white sauce on the sides of the baking dish which ensures the noodles will not come out dry.
- I do not cook my lasagna noodles beforehand as it cooks well in sauce itself.
- Bake in a gas oven for 30 minutes and if electric than time it accordingly.