Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a straight-forward and simple Lasagne recipe that I make with lower-fat dairy products. You can certainly substitute pre-grated cheese and skip grating it yourself. Sometimes I substitute ricotta for the cottage cheese, or use some combination of the two.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 24 ounces nonfat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated lowfat parmesan cheese
- 24 ounces pasta sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare the lasagne noodles according to package directions, drain, and set aside.
- Brown the ground beef with garlic and onion.
- Combine the cottage cheese, eggs and parsley, in a bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of pasta sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Add one layer of noodles. The noodles should overlap a little.
- Spread another layer of pasta sauce.
- Follow with a layer of the beef mixture.
- Add a layer of the mozzerella.
- Add a layer of the cottage cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle parmesan over the top.
- Repeat steps 5-11 above until you are out of ingredients or the pan is full.
- Finish with sprinkled parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, or until cooked through.