Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
Two squares for me. Lol
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
- 8 -10 no-boil lasagna noodles
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 pint ricotta cheese
- 2 -3 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- In Dutch oven, heat the oil.
- Add garlic, bell pepper, celery and onions.
- Sauté until soft.
- Add the beef, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and parsley.
- Cook until crumbly.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce,balsamic vinegar and water.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours.
- In bowl, blend the eggs and ricotta cheese.
- In a 9x13 baking pan, layer ½ of meat sauce, ½ of noodles, all the ricotta cheese mixture and ½ half of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat the noodles and mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Bake, covered, at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes or until it bubbles.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before cutting in squares to serve.
Good recipe. I was a bit worried using the no boil lasagna noodles, but they worked great. Made it a lot easier to make. I doubled this recipe as I made this for my 1 year olds birthday party. Only change i made is i used 1/2 italian sausage & 1/2 ground beef. I Got rave reviews. Thanks Dave
I can't say this is the best I've ever had... but it wasn't far off! Certainly the best I've ever made! I did, however, substitute mushrooms for the bell pepper and doubled the garlic. Just personal preferences. Thanks for the recipe! Will be making this again.
I recently prepared this recipe for a small family gathering and it was a huge hit. I selected this Lasagna because it uses ground beef only for the meat. The chopped onion, celery, and green pepper add an excellent flavor. I followed the recipe as written except sped up the sauce simmer time to about 45 minutes because of limited time. I used excellent local mom and pop company ricotta and mozzarella cheeses which really made this dish stand out. Thanks for the recipe Dave C.