Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
Courtesy of my mother-in-law.
- 1 -2 lb ground beef
- 1 large onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled plum tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) can chopped tomatoes (crushed)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (14 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) box lasagna noodles
- fresh basil leaf
- Cook onion and garlic then add meat. Cook until no longer pink. Add all tomatoes. Simmer for approximately 1-hour. Add salt and pepper to taste and then add fresh basil. Let sauce cool. Can be made the day before and refrugerated.
- To assemble lasagna.
- Cook noodles according to package directions and dry on a kitchen towel.
- Put some sauce at the bottom of the lasagna pan, then place noodles on top, then the ricotta, and then the mozzarella. Sprinkle with oregano. Repat, placing the noodles in the other direction. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake uncovered for 350 degrees for at least 45 minutes.