Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a variation of a couple different recipes. It looks like a ton of ingredients but I usually have everything on hand. My husband loves this and its on our regular rotation now. The leftovers are delicious as well. I like to wait closer to the end to add the zucchini so it doesn't get mushy. You can also sub carrots for the peas (just add them earlier like with the onion). I serve with garlic cilantro rice and chapati or naan bread.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry paste (add more depending on your taste, I add at least another half)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lime, juice of (you can also just serve lime wedges on the side, I just threw it in though to make it easier for the)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 zucchini, halved & sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium and then add the potatoes. Cover and let sit until they are browned a bit and about halfway cooked through.
- You can remove the potatoes but I just push them out of the center and throw in the garlic and curry paste. Brown the paste up a bit and then add the rest of the spices and the stock.
- Get the spices all mixed through the stock and add the tomatoes, lime juice, onion & sugar.
- Mix all this thoroughly and heat until bubbly. Allow this to cook until the potatoes are just about finished then add in the peas, zucchini, and cilantro and then season with salt & pepper. Continue to cook until the peas are heated thoroughly and the zucchini is tender.
- Serve over rice with chapati or naan bread, ENJOY!
This was so delicious and so easy! I loved it! I think next time I may add in a can of chickpeas just because I love them. Thanks for an easy, yummy curry recipe