Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
We were invited over to the neighbors for lunch the other day, and Larry had grilled up some steak strips soaked in this sauce. They were out of this world. Here is the recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Combine all ingredients and pour over steak strips.
- Marinate at least an hour or two - overnight is better!
- Drain and broil or grill meat.
- Note: You can also mix ingredients in a ziploc bag and marinate right in the bag.
This is a great recipe, even better than bottled teriyaki sauces. I doubled the recipe and had enough leftover and served over the marinaded chicken. The leftover sauce, I added 2 tbsp brown sugar and reduced to a syrup-like thickness. Very delicious, thanks for a fabulous recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2011
This marinade is so tasty. I let the steak in the marinade for at least 5 hours but will try overnight soon. I liked the sweetness of the marinade. Thanks Snowpeas :) Made for PAC Spring 2010 http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0