Recipe by Jim in Washington
This recipe was given to me by a former co-worker that loved to fish and liked to smoke different foods. He used to bring some of these balls to work and set them in the lunch room, and they would disappear so fast. Prep time includes time to soften Cream Cheese, and to blend finished ball in the refrigerator. This is the lower fat version, using lower fat wherever possible.
Top Review by Elly in Canada
Excellent smoked salmon ball! I had about 6 ounces of hot smoked salmon to use so I reduced all the amounts by half; used a couple of finely chopped green onions instead of dried flakes. The horseradish gives this a nice bite! Thanks Jim for a quick and easy recipe.
- 12 ounces smoked salmon, flaked
- 16 ounces philadelphia light cream cheese
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons creamed horseradish
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together the cream cheese, mayo and horseradish, until smooth.
- Add rest of ingredients except Salmon and stir until blended.
- Add Salmon and stir.
- Shape into a ball, place on small plate, cover and put in refrigerator for several hours to blend flavors. Overnight is best.
- Serve on small plate, with crackers. Step back.