Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
James and Jen love this roast, so I'm posting it. It's very simple, but if you like falling off the bone moist roast, this is how you do it.
- 4 lbs pork loin roast
- 1 tablespoon Season-All salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Put 1/2 inch water in bottom of baking pan.
- Put Worcestershire sauce in water.
- Put roast in, fat side up.
- Sprinkle liberally with Season-All salt.
- Salt and pepper roast.
- Cover with tin foil.
- 2 1/2 hours later, pour honey over top of meat and cover again.
- Bake for 5 hours until meat is falling off bone or fork pulls meat apart. some people dont cook it this long see reviews they cooked for 3.5 hours and was ok for them.
I had a boneless pork loin roast so I reduced the cooking time to 3.5 hours total. It was truly falling apart tender. It was a bit dry so we drizzed some of the pan juices over the meat. My DS's friend was here for dinner and he had never had pork roast before, he really liked it. Thanks for sharing. Nick's Mom
Seriously delicious. I had a small 1 2/3 lb loin for the two of us and with the oven at 290F it was done in the first 2 1/2 hrs. I added the honey and gave it another 15 mins then pulled it from the oven and let it sit, covered, until the rest of dinner was ready. When served it was very moist, cut with a fork tender and so good that we could have easily just kept on eating until it was all gone. No gravy was made as neither of us need the extra fat and the roast was flavorful on it's own. So good! Thanks so much Dee for a pork roast that my DH enjoyed as much as I did. :D
This was just SO good! I didn't get to cook it long enough (my fault), but that didn't matter---the meat was melt-in-your-mouth delicious. I will definitely be making this again--AND giving it the full 5 hour treatment. Used the leftover meat (sliced thin) to make sandwiches for DH and DSs lunch tomorrow, too. *Made for ZWT 3 England/Ireland Leg*