Courtesy of Cookie Madness.net, Anna and Larry. Saw this on A Taste of Cuba.com and I thought it sounded very interesting - so am sharing.
My Private Note
angel f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 20 ounces crushed pineapple, un-drained
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1 lb angel food cake mix
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup limeade, from concentrate
- powdered sugar (reviewer used 4 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2 -4 tablespoons rum (add more if you want) (optional)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip Lite (a little over 3 cups)
- 1/3 cup toasted shredded sweetened coconut
- lime zest
- mint leaf
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- 2Spray a 13×9 inch metal pan with cooking spray.
- 3If you use a Pyrex dish, reduce the heat to 325ºF.
- 4You can also use a 15×10 inch pan, which is what Larry uses.
- 5In a mixing bowl, stir together the pineapple, lime juice, rum, and angel food cake mix.
- 6Pour the mixture into the pan and bake it using the following cook times - 18-24 minutes for a 15×10 inch pan or about 25 minutes for a 13×9 inch pan.
- 7Let cool completely in pan.
- 8In mixing bowl, beat together the softened cream cheese and limeade concentrate.
- 9Check for sweetness.
- 10Add sugar if you feel you need it - I used 4 tablespoons.
- 11Beat in rum extract and rum, if using,, then fold in Cool Whip Lite.
- 12Spread over cooled cake.
- 13Sprinkle with coconut and lime zest.
- 14Top each serving with mint leaves.
- 15Larry says, "One last thing. It’s fairly low fat. You could get away with using Cool Whip Free rather than Cool Whip Lite, but I personally would not trade out the low fat cream cheese for fat free because the texture would not be as smooth.".
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Larry's Mojito Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1641 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3220.9
- Calories from Fat 718
- Total Fat 79.8 g
- Saturated Fat 58.0 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 4251.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 566.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 353.9 g
- Protein 74.6 g