Recipe by robd16
Store bought puff pastry and home seasonings make this an easy tasty treat to serve as part of a main meal when you want something special. Its so simple to make too, I don't know why I don't make it more often :)
- 2 sheets of ready rolled puff pastry
- 500 g sausage meat
- 1 slice day-old white bread, as breadcrumbs
- 1 apple, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard powder (could use prepared mustard)
- 1⁄2 cup milk, for brushing
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- In a large bowl mix everything together thoroughly apart from the puff pastry.
- Lay out 1 of the puff pastry sheets and imagine it is split into 3 equal sections.
- Arrange half of the sausage mixture straight down the middle of the imaginary middle section and with a knife score all the way through the pastry, lines going down in a diagonal. This will make more sense as you do it.
- Overlap strips from each side over the middle of the sausage mixture and repeat with the other sheet of pastry and other half of mixture.
- Brush with milk
- Bake for 15-25 minutes on a greased baking sheet until golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Absolutely gorgeous!