1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
My husband and his parents love tapioca. Every time they visit I make a batch. Large pearl tapioca can be hard to find in a grocery store (it's one of those time consuming things to cook) but I find them in Asian grocery stores.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring milk to a boil in a double boiler over simmering water.
- 2Add salt and tapioca to milk.
- 3Stirring constantly, cook tapioca in double boiler for 1 hour or until tapioca is clear and milk is thickened.
- 4Beat egg whites with 1/2 cup sugar until firm peaks, set aside.
- 5Beat yolks with remaining 1/2 cup sugar.
- 6Temper yolks with some of the hot custard.
- 7Stir tempered yolks into hot custard, cook over double boiler an additional 15 minutes.
- 8Stir in vanilla.
- 9Remove from heat and gently fold in egg whites.
- 10Pour tapioca into a serving bowl, cover and chill.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Large Pearl Tapioca Pudding (AKa Eyeball Pudding)
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 67.8 mg
- Sodium 165.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 25.4 g
- Protein 6.6 g