Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A bit time consuming but worth the effort. True comfort food.
Make and share this Large Chicken Pot Pie With Bisquick Crust recipe from Food.com.
- 2 -3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (4 lb) broiler-fryer chickens
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted (1 stick)
- 2 (16 ounce) cans Veg-All (drained)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (reserved from boiling the chicken)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of potato soup (undiluted) or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup (undiluted)
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spay a skillet with non-stick spray, and sauté onion and celery with a little salt and pepper, over medium high heat.
- Boil chicken in a deep pot with celery and onions.
- When chicken has cooled enough, remove skin, debone, and chop; reserve the broth from boiling the chicken.
- Mix milk, bisquick, and mayo (mixture will be runny); set aside.
- Pour melted butter into a 3x15x10-inch foil baking pan; set aside.
- Mix chicken, vegetables, reserved broth, cream of potato, salt, and pepper, and pour mixture over melted butter in baking pan.
- Pour bisquick mixture over chicken mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown (aprox 1 hour).
This was great. I have made Bisquick Chicken Pot Pies in the past but was never completely satisfied with the texture of the crust. This was the bomb! The Mayo gave it a rich creaminess it needed and kept it moist. This will be my new crust ingredients!
Thank you littleturtle.