Recipe by Abby Girl
Makes a large batch, perfect for freezing. I have used mixed ground meats in this recipe: Italian sausage, veal, pork, lamb or a bit of everything...what ever I have in the freezer. Always start off with half ground beef.
Top Review by MJaz
The only thing I do differently is I toss in 1/2 cup of uncooked oatmeal. It makes the meatballs more tender, stretches the meat a tiny bit, adds nutrition and is completely undetectable. A trick from my German mother-in-law!
- 2 slices bread, crust removed, torn into pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground pork
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine bread and milk in a small bowl; let soak for 10 minutes. Squeeze bread to release milk; discard milk.
- Combine rest of ingredients, shaping into small balls and placing on roasting tray sprayed with Pam.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20 - 30 minutes, depending on size of meatball. Remove from oven and tilt tray to drain fat. Let meatballs cool before packaging.
- Freeze up to one month.
- Note: I have used whole wheat and flax seed bread with good results.