Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe has been in my family for at least 4 generations, since at least the 1870s. It is recommended that it be served hot, with real butter. The amount of honey is a guess - the original recipe said "Honey to drizzle" but didn't give a quantity.
- Roll out the dough to an oblong.
- Spread on Lard and sprinkle with Sugar, nutmeg and Currants.
- Roll up like a Swiss roll and place on oiled cookie sheet with rim.
- Cover and let rise for about 15 minutes.
- Brush with Honey and bake at 375F for 35 to 40 minutes.