Tracy K's Note:
Spicy Thai chicken salad, with a wonderful variety of flavors and textures. Use fresh herbs in this recipe, dried will not even come close! Use of boneless, skinless chicken and no added oil makes this a very tasty low-fat dish. Source: Somchet Chumpapo
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, minced in food processor (do not sub ground chicken, it is too fatty!)
- 1 tablespoon roasted rice powder (available in Asian markets or you can make your own by roasting raw rice in a dry skillet till brown)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic and red chile paste
- thinly sliced cabbage or lettuce, for serving
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 1Heat nonstick skillet over medium heat, no oil necessary.
- 2Add chicken, stir until cooked through.
- 3Remove from heat, drain excess liquid.
- 4Add fish sauce and lime juice.
- 5Toss all together with cilantro, onion, shallots, mint, cayenne, rice powder, and ground chile/garlic paste.
- 6Adjust seasoning to taste.
- 7Serve immediately over lettuce leaves or thinly sliced cabbage.
- 8Garnish with cilantro sprigs.
Browse Our Top Thai Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Larb Gai - Spicy Thai Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 141.3
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 72.6 mg
- Sodium 664.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
garlic and red chile paste