Recipe by Wenstar
This is one of my favorite dishes. I learned to prepare it during a Thai cooking class given by the chef/owner at the Thai Erwan restaraunt in VA.
Top Review by Lawrence
I have had this many times in Thai resurants. Now I can make at home! Have had another version of it also, called Beef Chang Mai. Made with beef and roasted rice as well. Thank You. Chef Lawrence
- 8 ounces ground chicken or 8 ounces ground pork or 8 ounces ground beef
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 1 teaspoon roasted rice powder (may buy it already powdered or make your own by roasting Thai long grain sticky rice till brown and)
- shredded lettuce
- 1 teaspoon chili pepper (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mint leaf, chopped (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the ground meat until done and drain.
- Mix the meat with the lime juice, fish sauce, red onions, chili peppers (optional), roasted rice powder and mix well.
- Serve on bed of lettuce and top with sliced green onions and mint leaves.
- May add additional red peppers if you desire it hotter.