Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
Easy to make and tasty. Can be made with sugar or jaggery
- 1 cup cracked wheat
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar or 2 cups jaggery
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 tablespoon chopped almonds (mixed) or 1 tablespoon pistachios (mixed)
- 3 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom, powdered
- Warm ghee in a heavy pan, add wheat germ.
- Stir and cook till germ is golden in color and aroma exudes.
- Meanwhile melt sugar or jaggery in 1 cup water.
- Keep aside hot.
- Boil and add remaining water to roasted wheat germ.
- Stir gently now, and cook till the grain of the germ is soft on pressing.
- Now add sugar or jaggery, add cardamom and chopped dry fruit.
- Stir and simmer covered, stirring occasionally.
- Cook till ghee separates along the sides.
- Serve hot.