Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 6 egg whites, room temperature
- 15 egg yolks, room temperature
- 250 icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 390 g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 120 g all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Separate cold egg and cool down to room temperature.
- Beat room temperature butter until soften.
- Preheat oven 350F.
- Grease pan and pre-heated in the oven.
- Beat egg yolks and half of the sugar until very fluffy and triple in volume.
- Beat egg white and vanilla until soft peak, add the other half of the sugar until peak stiff.
- Combine both egg mixtures and add the butter. Mix until incorporated.
- Sift in flour, baking powder, and spices. Fold gently.
- Switch oven heat to top heat only (broil).
- Pour about 100-150 gr batter for the 1st layer and continue with 60-100 gr for the next layer.
- Brush each cooked layer with butter.
- Bake each layer for around 5-7 minutes or until it's golden brown.