Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 39 mins
this is a fancy rabbit dish i'm shure you will enjoy
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs rabbit, quartered
- 8 slices bacon
- 20 button mushrooms
- 20 white pearl onions
- 3 celery ribs, diced
- 3 carrots, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup tomatoes, peeled seeded, and chopped
- 2 cups red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces chanterelle mushrooms
- heat the oil in a large kettle. add rabbit and brown.
- dice bacon and add to rabbit along with veggie; suate for 3 minutes sprinkle with flour and cook for 3 minutes
- add remaining ingredients, except butter and chanterelles.
- cover and simmer gently for 1 1/2 hour.
- heat the butter in a skillet and saute the chanterelles.
- place rabbit over rice or noodles, and sprinkle with chanterelles.