Recipe by Laouli
This is a staple at every family event in our house and with our friends now. It is always requested by everyone and I often time make up two of them or bring extra ingredients with me to make another. The is great served with Frito Scoops or Tortilla chips. You can also substitute your favorite canned chili for the refried beans, or play with the types of salsa you use to change up the recipe a bit. Best of luck!
Top Review by Kerry G
I originally made this for a super bowl party, and it's been a big hit every since! I took it to work for an office party, and people still ask me to make it or ask me for the recipe. I like to make it with fat-free cream cheese and fat-free refried beans to make it a little healthier, but it still tastes awesome! Thank you so much for this gem.
- 1 (12 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 12 ounces salsa
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded or 8 ounces fiesta cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spread the softened cream cheese in a shallow 8 inch by 8 inch baking dish. I often use reduced fat cream cheese.
- Spread the refried beans in a smooth layer on top of the cream cheese.
- Pour the salsa on top of the refried beans and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top of the salsa in an even layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 25 to 35 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve and enjoy!