Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from the cookbook Heritage Collection from the Edmonton Heritage Festival. I left the recipe in ml so for a change those of you that use ml. get a break. This is a delicious recipe the difficulty may be getting the mung beans. The Mung beans are the source of the bean sprouts. You can usually get them in Health food stores and some other grocery stores. Serve as an appetizer (cut up), for lunch, a vegetarian dinner or as a side dish.
- 250 ml flour
- 10 ml curry powder
- 1 egg
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 250 ml water
- 15 ml vegetable oil
- 125 ml peeled and split mung beans
- 250 ml bean sprouts, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 10 ml melted butter
- Soak the mung beans in water for 1 hour, drain, rinse then add beans to 500 mlwater, bring to a boil and cook untilsoft apprx 30 minutes Drain& mash.
- Mix dry ingredients, make a well in the center, break in the egg& stir.
- Mix in the coconut milk, add enough water to thin out the batter until it will pour, rest for 10 minutes Saute sprouts& onion in butter until tender crisp.
- Add mashed beans& mix, remove from heat.
- Spray a skillet with veggie oil and pour in 200 ml of batter, fry until light brown, flip over Place 45 ml of stuffing on one half of the pancake and fold over, fry until golden.