Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Another quick & easy recipe found at WOKME!
- 1 teaspoon crushed ginger
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 2 teaspoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 onions, cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red chili pepper, thinly chopped
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed firm tofu
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Mix the garlic with ginger, onions, vinegar, curry, chilli and lemon grass and grind into a rough paste.
- Heat the oil in a wok and add the olive oil until hot then mix in the ground paste.
- Drop the heat to a simmer and add the coconut milk and water.
- Add the potatoes and cook for about 15 minutes before adding the tofu.
- Cook for another 15 minutes or until the potato is tender and season with sugar and salt.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Quick and easy. Method mentions to put in vinegar, but the ingredients don't say how much to use. I put in about 2 tsps but felt the recipe lacked a bit a pizzazz. Served with plain boiled jasmine rice and Riata it made an easy midweek meal. Made for Aussie / Kiwi Swap March 2014.