- 2 lbs topside steak
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to very low heat 250 degrees.
- Trim any excess fat from the steak. Cut the steak into 1/8 inch thick slices, then into strips.
- Mix the salt, chili powder, pepper, sugar, garlic, sesame oil and peanut oil in a bowl.
- Add the steak and using your fingers, toss it in the oil mixture until coated.
- Cover and marinate for 4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Place the meat on a rack in a large baking dish and bake for 5 hours or until it has dried out.
- Cooking time does not include marinating time.