Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Found at WOKME. This is light & flavorful, quick & easy. Enjoy!
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, crushed & chopped
- 1 green chili pepper, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon of crushed garlic
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped coriander
- Boil the water in a saucepan and add the salt and chicken stock.
- Once boiling add the chicken breast meat and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes then remove the chicken from the stock and set aside.
- In a frying pan add a dash of oil and when boiling add the garlic, chili and lemon grass.
- Once brown remove from the heat and cool before crushing in a mortar until a fine paste.
- Add the paste to the saucepan with the broth and remove the saucepan from the heat.
- Shred the chicken into thin strips and return to the soup.
- Stir in the chopped coriander, mint, lime juice and fish sauce.
- Serve with a bowl of sticky rice.