1/1 Photo of Lannette's Chocolate Macaroon Tunnel Cake
1 hr 20 mins
Grannie B's Note:
This cake is like the discontinued Pillsbury Chocolate Macaroon Tunnel Cake mix, only I think this is an improvement on that cake! The rich chocolate cake and the homemade macaroon filling made the difference!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup salad oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sweetened coconut (chop fine in food processor)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1Grease a bundt pan.
- 2Mix together the oil, water, 4 eggs, and the sour cream till blended.
- 3Mix in the cake mix and the pudding mix.
- 4Pour 2/3 of the batter into the bundt pan.
- 5Put the macaroon filling on top of batter forming a ring only in the center of the layer.
- 6Top with remaining cake batter.
- 7Bake at 350 for approximately 1 hour.
- 8Cool cake in pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan to cool completely.
- 9Spoon glaze over the top of the cake, allowing it to drip down the sides of the cake.
- 11Whip egg whites till stiff.
- 12Gradually add the sugar while continuing to whip.
- 13Stir in the vanilla and coconut extracts.
- 14Mix the flour with the finely chopped coconut, and fold into the egg white mixture.
- 16Beat all ingredients with electric mixer till smooth. If necessary, add more milk to make the glaze a slightly "runny" consistency.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lannette's Chocolate Macaroon Tunnel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (134 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.4
- Calories from Fat 244
- Total Fat 27.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 77.4 mg
- Sodium 577.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 50.9 g
- Protein 6.6 g