Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I posted this for the ZWT3. I have yet to make it, but it sounds like a flavorful twist to traditional grilled chicken. The Languedoc region of France features a number of Meditteranean ingredients.
- 4 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, crushed lightly
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 chicken quarters
- Combine first five ingredients (yougurt through garlic) and mix well.
- Place the chicken quarters in a large zip-top bag or glass dish. Add the marinade and toss chicken to coat well.
- Marinate at least 2 hours in the refrigerator (up to 8 hours), and then remove and leave covered at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Grill over medium heat for 30-45 minutes, turning every 5-7 minutes.
Loved it!! I cooked the boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I had marinated overnight on the Foreman Grill. Taste was outstanding and the meat was so moist! Thank you!
I loved the smell of the garlic and basil in the marinade. The marinade is really thick. We marinated the chicken for 2 hrs. in refrigerator, next time I will marinate it up to 8 hrs like the suggestion, to let the spices blend more. The chicken tasted fine, just had a hint of garlic to the meat. Made for ZWTIII