Recipe by ellie_
I enjoyed this soup when I visited Iceland. Recipe source: Cool Dishes
Top Review by Dienia B.
i didnt have a salmon head but i did have a salmon filet which worked it didnt take as long to cook i had to use a shrimp boullion cube though . this is very good soup . im eating more salmon and this is a very nice recipe to do it with
- 1 lb shrimp (original recipe called for langoustines, but shrimp in thier shells is a good substitute)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 4 1⁄3 cups water
- 1 salmon head (or fish pieces to make fish stock)
- 2 carrots, cut into thin strips
- 4 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 9 ounces cream
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell the langoustines and put the meat aside.
- Crack shells.
- In a large pot heat the oil and fry the shells over high heat for a few minutes.
- Stir in onion and curry powder and cook for a few more minutes.
- Stir in water and salmon head; season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and simmer for an hour or so. Strain stock into another pot and bring back to a boil.
- Stir in vegetables and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in cream and bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Stir in langoustine meat and let stand for a few minutes.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper and Tabasco.