Recipe by RedVinoGirl
This is a WONDERFUL recipe I found by Emeril when I was on a search for Langoustine recipes after locating them at my local Trader Joe's. I love Langoustine's but was surprised to find how few recipes there was out there. They remind me of a cross between mini lobster bites and shrimp so I plan to use them interchangeably with shrimp but this recipe was designed specifically for them. I increase the garlic in this recipe and you can alter the amounts of all ingredients to suit your tastes. Enjoy!
Top Review by buss
Made this with the mentioned Trader Joe's langoustines. It was very tasty. Will make it again. A little bit more prep than usual, but I had everything chopped, grated and ready to go. Plus, the langoustines are already cooked so cooking time is reduced. A nice blending of flavors. Pretty, too. Thought about adding frozen peas for color. Perhaps next time!
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 6 ounces pancetta, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, peeled, cut in 1/2, and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 lbs langoustine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley leaves, fresh, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (fresh and finely grated)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (freshly grated) (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot of salted water, cook the pasta until just al dente.
- Drain and return to the pot.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown, 3 to 4 minutes.
- To the oil in the pan, add the onions and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the wine, 3/4 teaspoon salt, red pepper, lemon juice, and langoustines and cook, stirring, until the shellfish are pink and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the parsley and stir to combine.
- Add the cooked pasta to the shellfish mixture and toss well to combine.
- Cook until the pasta is heated through, about 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat, add the lemon zest, and adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Spoon into individual pasta bowls or onto large plates, and serve immediately.