Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is similar to the dish served at La Poularde Chez Lucullus, Nice, France as noted in a magazine article from my grandmother's recipe box.
- Plunge the crawfish/lobster in boiling salted water. When the crawfish/lobster no longer moves, remove them from the pot and split them into two halves on a plate, using a large knife.
- Place each half on a heated oiled grill and cook for 12 minutes. Turn once or twice during cooking.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and baste the crawfish/lobster halves and continue cooking for 10 more minutes. Continue to baste as you turn and cook halves.
- Just before serving time, bring sauce to a low boil for one minute, stirring continuously.
- Serve lobster/crawfish halves with sauce in dipping container on the side.