Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
I found this recipe while searching for ZWT New Zealand recipes on the site for MasterChef New Zealand. The Langham marinated rib eye steak Recipe is by Volker Marecek. I haven't tried this yet but it sounds so good that I plan to try it soon. Make sure to allow at least two hours to marinate the steaks. The recipes directions state to pan fry and then finish in the oven but living in Florida, I will grill the steak and then serve as suggested with the Bearnaise sauce on the side.
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 4 spring onions, washed and cut in 1/2
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 1 fresh lime, juiced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon truffle oil
- 5 tablespoons Scotch whisky (the recipe just stated whisky but food.com wouldn't recognize it)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 880 g rib eye steaks (4 steaks, 1/2 lb each)
- 1. Place all the ingredients in to a blender (except for the steak), coat the steak and marinate for two hours.
- 2. Wipe off excess marinade and season steaks with salt and pepper. Heat a large frying pan over high heat and add a little Lupi Olive oil. Sear the steaks for two minutes on each side until nicely browned and place in the oven for seven minutes for medium rare. Remove from the oven and rest for five minutes before serving.
- 3. To serve, arrange baby vegetables on the base of a plate and top with the rib-eye. Arrange three Dauphine potatoes per portion to the side of the steak and serve Béarnaise sauce on the side.