Recipe by Lane Harris
This is an original recipe made up of some of my favorite ingredients. I like the taste of it! The summer vegetables are readily available and it is quick and easy for a man to prepare when he is loose in the kitchen.
Top Review by BETTE ANNE STEVENS
The recipe sounds great. Loved the combination. Squash and potatoes with onions. The cheese adds a great tast to the veggies. The recipe was stated very clear and easy to make. Thanks you lane for this recipe. You must be a good cook.
- 4 -5 yellow squash
- 3 -5 new potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (approx)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- seasoning salt
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium V8 juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut up about 4 or 5 medium yellow squash-slices.
- Cut up about 3-5 new potatoes in cubes.
- One medium onion sliced.
- Cut up in little squares several pieces of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Now relax and let us go to the stove.
- In a boiler or big frying pan, heat a couple of big blobs of butter on HIGH until it melts.
- Afterward, cut the heat down a little bit.
- Now pour all of the vegetables you have prepared into pan/pot with melted butter.
- Season with several sprinkles of celery salt, pepper,seasoned salt, Mrs.
- Dash, and this is the kicker, pour about a half cup of low-sodium V-8 juice into the pot/pan.
- I use a wooden stirring implement.
- It is the best thing to use for this recipe.
- Mix up the ingredients as it cooks on high, then put the lid on for a while.
- Pick up lid a little later and stir some more.
- Add another glob of butter.
- After stirring mixture several times and cooking for a while, eyeball the squash stuff cooking and look at it carefully.
- Does it seem to be browning and cooking properly?.
- Does it smell good?.
- If your answer is yes, you are doing everything right.
- Take lid off, cut the heat down low and let it simmer a bit.
- Bon Appetit!