Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an original recipe made up of some of my favorite ingredients. I like the taste of it! The summer vegetables are readily available and it is quick and easy for a man to prepare when he is loose in the kitchen.
- 4 -5 yellow squash
- 3 -5 new potatoes
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese (approx)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- seasoning salt
- Mrs. Dash seasoning mix
- celery salt
- 1⁄2 cup low-sodium V8 juice
- Cut up about 4 or 5 medium yellow squash-slices.
- Cut up about 3-5 new potatoes in cubes.
- One medium onion sliced.
- Cut up in little squares several pieces of sharp cheddar cheese.
- Now relax and let us go to the stove.
- In a boiler or big frying pan, heat a couple of big blobs of butter on HIGH until it melts.
- Afterward, cut the heat down a little bit.
- Now pour all of the vegetables you have prepared into pan/pot with melted butter.
- Season with several sprinkles of celery salt, pepper,seasoned salt, Mrs.
- Dash, and this is the kicker, pour about a half cup of low-sodium V-8 juice into the pot/pan.
- I use a wooden stirring implement.
- It is the best thing to use for this recipe.
- Mix up the ingredients as it cooks on high, then put the lid on for a while.
- Pick up lid a little later and stir some more.
- Add another glob of butter.
- After stirring mixture several times and cooking for a while, eyeball the squash stuff cooking and look at it carefully.
- Does it seem to be browning and cooking properly?.
- Does it smell good?.
- If your answer is yes, you are doing everything right.
- Take lid off, cut the heat down low and let it simmer a bit.
- Bon Appetit!
The recipe sounds great. Loved the combination. Squash and potatoes with onions. The cheese adds a great tast to the veggies. The recipe was stated very clear and easy to make. Thanks you lane for this recipe. You must be a good cook.