Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a crispy delight.
Make and share this Lanell's Toll House Cookie Brittle recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt, '
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- Combine first three ingredients and blend well. Gradually add sugar and flour. Add chocolate chips and 3/4 cup of the nuts.
- Press evenly into lightly greased 15 X 10 inch pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts and press lightly.
- Bake at 375 degrees on top rack for 10 minutes. Turn off oven and leave in for a remaining 30 minutes.
This was pretty good and really, really easy to make. It tastes a lot like chocolate chip shortbread. It's not too sweet either. I left out the nuts and sprinkled the top with more chocolate chips instead. I used an air-bake pan because that's what I have and it did NOT work out too well. I had to put the cookie brittle back in at the end for 10 more minutes to get it to harden and crisp up. It turned out fine in the end but I'm sure a regular pan would have worked out much better. Thanks, Vicki!