Recipe by Vicki in CT
You assemble this the day before and then just pop in the oven the morning you are ready to serve. I serve this with a fruit salad for super simple breakfast/brunch. Also you can mix this up with whatever ingredients you have on hand.
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-calorie margarine
- 1 lb sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 ounces mushroom pieces, drained
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove crust from bread. Butter bread slices on each side and line a 9 X 13 inch pan, cutting to make fit.
- Top with sausage, pepper, mushrooms, and cheese. Pour eggs which have been whisked with milk over all.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 minutes.